Join in on the fun this summer and attend the Ocean City Farmers Market, happening every Wednesday from 8:00am to 1:00pm. Starting Wednesday, June 26th visitors are able to purchase farm fresh Jersey produce along with unique crafts, food, baked goods and more. The market can be found at the Tabernacle Grounds and crafters are located in the street at 6th & Asbury Avenue. Last day to visit is Wednesday, September 4th. Don’t miss out on the fun!
Ready. Set. Go! Get ready to rev your engines this weekend and stop by the Ocean City Antique and Classic Automobile Show and Parade. This neat event is on Saturday, June 22nd from 9:00am to 2:00pm and is completely free to the public! What a great way to kick off, or end, a vacation with the family!
Looking to visit Ocean City, New Jersey this summer? Check out these five things you have to do during your stay!
- Walk along the boardwalk and enjoy the ocean breeze while grabbing a bite to eat or shopping.
- Visit the Ocean City Music Pier and enjoy some live music.
- Take the whole family to Gillian’s Wonderland Pier and enjoy rides, games, and food.
- Grab some saltwater taffy to enjoy all vacation long.
- Most importantly, don’t forget to check out the beach!
Did you pick out your summer rental yet? Contact us today we still have some great houses for you to choose from!
Things are in full bloom this week in Ocean City, NJ because the Music Pier is gearing up for the Annual Ocean City, New Jersey Flower Show!
Want a fun way to kick off Memorial Day weekend? Help get the summer season started by participating in the Unlocking of the Ocean and Business Persons Plunge.
Wear your business attire, bring your briefcase and march into the ocean to the soundtrack of Pomp and Circumstance to welcome the season! Come to Moorlyn Terrace Street Beach at 12 noon on Friday, May 24th to participate in the fun!
As the summer rental season gets closer, it is time to get your rental property ready. Here are a few things that you don’t want to forget:
Start with the outside and utilities
When getting your rental property prepared for the season, it is important to get your utilities turned and make sure that your a/c, plumbing and gas are running properly. Take a look around at the exterior of your home as well, and make any necessary repairs and powerwash any areas that need it.
Make sure appliances and technology are working
Take a walk around your home and make sure that all tvs, kitchen appliances, wifi and washer/dryers are in working order. Also take the time to check your remotes and all light bulbs are working. A good thing to keep an extra supply of in your property are light bulbs and batteries, so if they stop working, your guests can easily fix the problem themselves.
Do a deep clean before the start of the rental season
A deep clean by a professional company is a great way to ensure that your home is spotless before the busy rental season begins. Deep cleans allow you to focus on areas of your home that get neglected during the year–like the space behind and under appliances, air conditioning vents and the inside of cabinets and drawers.
Memorial Day, the unofficial start of summer is right around the corner, and if you haven’t purchased your beach tags yet, you have a few more weeks to cash in on a discount!
Beach tags are required for all beachgoers ages 12 and older and are in effect starting June 1. Seasonal tags cost $20 until May 31, then the price will increase to $25.
Seasonal tags are available at the following locations:
- City Hall (861 Asbury Ave.) – Mon-Fri 9-4; Sat-Sun, 10-4 (winter hours)
- Rt. 52 Welcome Center – Mon-Fri 9-4; Sat 9-4; Sun 9-2 (winter hours)
- Henry Knight Building (12th Street and Haven Ave.) – Mon-Fri 9-4 (no holidays)
- Aquatic & Fitness Center (17th Street and Simpson Ave.) – Mon-Fri 5 am-9; Sat 7-6; Sun 9-6
- 46th Street Welcome Center (4500 block of West Avenue) – Mon-Fri 9-4
Is your mom a big fan of Dancing with the Stars, American Idol and The Voice? Plan a trip to OCNJ to honor your mom on Mother’s Day weekend because “Ballroom with a Twist” will be a featured event on Saturday, May 11 at the Music Pier.
This performance combines professional quickstep, samba, waltz and jive dancers with singers performing hit songs. Performers include stars from “Dancing With the Stars”, “So You Think You Can Dance”, “American Idol” and “The Voice”.
The line up includes:
“Dancing With The Stars”: Tristan MacManus, Emma Slater (Mirror Ball Champion)
“So You Think You Can Dance”: Jonathan Platero (All Star), Magda Fialek, Allen Genkin
“American Idol”: Von Smith
“The Voice”: Dani Moz
International Stars: Tony Pututau, CJ Bair, Patricia Kaniowski
Get your tickets ($25-$40) here or call 609-399-6111 for more information.
As summer draws near and you get ready to head to OCNJ for your beach vacation, you are probably getting your beach bag ready. Here are 8 essential items that you don’t want to forget to pack for your time at the beach!
- A high spf sunscreen and spf lip balm–protect yourself from the sun and don’t forget the lip balm!
- A waterproof and sand-proof bluetooth speaker–if you like to listen to good music on the beach–this is a must!
- A pair of uv protection sunglasses
- The perfect beach mat or a water-resistant and sand-free beach blanket with stakes
- Oversized beach towels–regular size towels just don’t do the job, spring for the oversized ones to keep you dry all day!
- A pack of towel clips (or good old fashioned clothespins will do the job too)–you won’t need to keep adjusting your towel all day long, clips will keep it in place.
- A portable phone charger–the sun has a tendency to drain your battery. Keep your phone out of the sun so it doesn’t overheat, and a portable charger will keep you charged all day long.
- A large refillable water bottle–don’t forget to stay hydrated!
Have you booked your OCNJ rental yet? Call us today!
Are you thinking about listing your home? There’s really no reason to wait. While the Spring housing market is the busiest time of year for home sales, there are some great reasons to list your home right now:
1 – Summer is coming! Many buyers looking in OCNJ are looking to take advantage of the summer months. They want to have everything taken care of in their new home so they can relax come summer. Other buyers are also looking now for investments in rental properties. The sooner they have their home, the sooner they can start booking rentals.
2 – Since OCNJ is a vacation spot, most buyers aren’t basing their move around the school year. That means many buyers have flexibility in buying and closing.
3 – Spring Market is here! Serious buyers are attached to their computers waiting for new listings to pop up.
Whenever you choose to list your home, know that we are here to help! A Marr Agency agent can be reached at 609.399.7036.