Ocean City is having their first NYE Celebration! A family-friendly tradition brought to you by the Cape May County Board of Chosen Freeholders along with the Cape May County Department of Tourism, Public Information and Culture & Heritage, it offers more than 70 opportunities to catch over 30 different shows and activities at 22 venues around town. There will be inflatables and ice skating, as well as live music and entertainment!
Click here for more information about the event and schedule!
FREE Horse and Carriage Rides!
12noon–3pm, in front of City Hall, 9th & Asbury Ave. For more information call 1-800-BEACH-NJ. Continues every Saturday & Sunday until December 23rd.
Come watch the Christmas Parade at 6 P.M. Friday, December 7.
It is along downtown Asbury Avenue starting at 6th street and ending at 11th street.
We hope to see you there!
The winter is a wonderful time to come to Ocean City, NJ. The beach makes for a serene backdrop to finish your holiday shopping from the local stores. Plus we have plenty of festive events happening across the town. A true favorite is a breakfast with Santa that takes place on December 1, 2, 8, or 9.
For more information click here
Rental Owners: Please remember to return your 2019 listing forms, they will allow us to start marketing your property for the 2019 Season. Some of our best tenants are looking for 2019 accommodations now!
Are you thinking about booking your shore house now for 2019? That is smart thinking! There are a lot of advantages for booking your Summer 2019 Ocean City, NJ house before the end of the year.
Here are 3 reasons:
1 – Something to look forward to – Winter is just beginning and it’ll be much easier to think warm thoughts when you have a vacation on the books.
2 – More options – by booking early you have more houses to choose from!
3 – Longer to pay for it – by booking it in advance you have more time to pay it off.
Are you ready to book your Ocean City NJ rental property for next summer? We would be happy to help you find the perfect place. Please contact a Marr Agency agent at 609-399-7036.
Head over to the Veterans Day Program on November 12. It is 11:00am – 12:00pm at the Ocean City Tabernacle, 550 Wesley Avenue. For more information call 609-399-6111.
Winter is coming. Are you and your beach house ready?
If you’re staying in your beach house during the winter…
- Do a test run by setting the thermostat to 80℉.
- Schedule season routine maintenance
- Replace your air filter.
- Fuel up if you have a propane or oil tank system.
- Clean the unit.
- Use a hose to rinse the dirt off.
- Consider covering the unit with a waterproof cover specifically made for this.
- Inspect chimney and fireplace
- Check chimney and make sure it is clear.
- Open and close flue to ensure proper functioning.
- Have your chimney professionally cleaned.
- Insulate any exposed water or drain pipes.
- Turn off water supply and drain water from faucets.
- Disconnect and drain garden hoses.
- Insulate your hot water tank, exterior outlets, and switch plates
If you’re leaving your beach house vacant for the winter…
- Make your home look occupied
- Forward your mail.
- Stop newspaper delivery.
- Arrange for someone to periodically check your home.
- Prepare and protect your plumbing, pipes and water supply
- Completely turn off water supply
- Drain your pipes by opening all faucets and flushing all toilets to empty the water from tank and bowl.
- Drain your water system, seal drains, and turn off heating systems. You may also turn off utilities for additional savings.
- Perform routine maintenance before you leave
- Have your heating system inspected and serviced.
- Set thermostats around 55℉.
- If electrical service to the home is to remain on, consider having a licensed electrical contractor inspect your main electrical panel, wiring and outlets.
- Have your roof inspected and your gutters cleaned out.
- Remove dead trees or overhanging limbs that are close to your home as a preventative measure.
- Unplug all unnecessary appliances.
- Turn off all outdoor water – Empty all exterior hoses and water pipes to prevent the water in them from freezing and bursting. A professional will used compressed air to ensure all water is removed from piping.
- Lock windows and screen doors to prevent them from opening.
- It is recommended that your refrigerator is completely emptied and unplugged with the doors left open to prevent any smell. Store dry goods in plastic bins to prevent the risk of infestation.
- Pillows, linens, couch cushions, etc. should be stored in storage bins to keep the moisture out.
- Clean the oven.
- Inspect your home for any openings where animals could get in. Make sure fireplace flue is closed.
- Prepare for emergencies
- Provide the local police department with your emergency contact information.
- Install storm shutters.
- Test all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Ask someone you trust to check on your home periodically and give them access in case of an emergency.
There is still a lot of fun to be had in Ocean City this fall! So pack your bags and head to the Jersey Shore.
On Saturday, November 17th & the 23rd there are free horse and carriage rides from 12-3 in front of City Hall, 9th & Asbury Avenue.
You can also get a jump start on your holiday shopping by heading out early in the morning when the stores open up at 8AM for the Downtown Shopping Extravaganza.
Looking for a 5k to enter? Join us in the 11th annual fast & furriest turkey trot on November 22nd at 8AM. Which is sponsored by the humane society. For more information go to www.hsocnj.org or call them at 609-398-9500
Then come as of November 23rd we are turning Downtown into a winter wonderland. So that the merchant shops are all decorated when Santa comes to town on Nov. 24th. Make sure you reserve your spot at the Sunrise Cafe at 1-609-39-9300. If you don’t have a big appetite, no problem! You can get your photo taken with Santa on the Music Pier from 12pm-3pm on November 24th and 25th. For more information call 1-800-beach-nj
And don’t forget to call us to book your house rental. We have some beautiful properties that will fit your families needs.
Are you dreaming about warmer weather? Us too! Book your rental place now so that you have something to look forward to all winter long.
Want to find a new place for next summer? You can search our rental listings here. Or you can call us to find properties that fit your needs!
Did you already book your place? Great make your first payment by heading to the payment page.